This program is only for Karuna students who have taken the training from a teacher who is registered with the Center and has a registration number.
The program allows all participants to be connected more directly to the Center as a Registered Karuna Reiki® Master or Practitioner. Once registered, your name will go into our data base. Also you will receive a new certificate with a registration number and seal. When you teach, your student certificates will come from the Center and your students will become registered with the Center also. This program is based on our new minimum teaching standards and code of ethics. These new standards improve the professional image of all who teach or practice Karuna Reiki® and create a more uniform level of quality for the training. Whenever you advertise Karuna Reiki® people will know they can expect a quality class or healing session.
To register with our new program, please use the registration form below. The Code of Ethics and the Minimum Teaching Standards are also listed below. Please read and agree with them before registering. The cost of registration is $12.00 and includes a copy of our recently updated Karuna Reiki® manual as well as your new certificate with registration number. You will also need to agree to abide by our minimum teaching standards and the code of ethics which are included with the forms.
Remember, you will need to continue to order all your Karuna Reiki® manuals from the Center. With each manual will come a class certificate from the Center which you need to sign and fill in your students name and give to each student you teach. The student will also need to register with the Center to receive the seal and registration number which are required to make the certificate official. Also, we now have separate manuals for Karuna Reiki® Practitioner One, Practitioner Two, Practitioner One and Two combined and Master. Please call us and request the forms or see our web site.
Benefits of the program:
1. Become associated directly with the Center as a Registered Karuna Reiki® Master or Practitioner. You will receive a new Registered Karuna Reiki® certificate and a copy of the latest manual.
2. Receive your student certificates directly from the Center.
3. The minimum standards and code of ethics create a higher quality training and an improved professional image.
To comply you need to:
1. Fill out the registration form and send it in along with $20.00.
2. Use our manual that you purchase from the Center.
3. Explain the program to your students.
4. Have your students fill out the registration form and the class review form at the back of the manual and send them in to the Center.
5. When you teach sign and fill in the students name on the certificate and give it to the student. One certificate is included with each manual.
6. When we receive the registration form and class review form, we will register the student and send the registration number and seal to each student. They will write in the number and attach the seal.
This program raises the standards for Karuna Reiki® assuring that those who take the training will receive quality instruction. It also improves your professional image. If you have any questions, please let me know.
Karuna Reiki® Program
Minimum Teaching Requirements
1. Use the same Karuna Reiki® symbols taught by The International Center for Reiki Training.
2. Use the same Karuna Reiki® attunement(s) taught by The International Center for Reiki Training.
3. Use the Karuna Reiki® manual(s) offered by the Center as your class manual and provide one for each student. You must purchase these manuals from the Center - no photocopying is allowed. These manuals are sold at a discounted price to Registered teachers when purchased in lots of five or more.
4. Explain Karuna Reiki® trademark and registration information to students, and obtain properly completed forms.
5. Issue Center certificates to your students which come with the Center manual. Fill in the students name, date and your signature. The registration number and seal will be sent to the student by the Center when we receive the students Karuna Reiki® registration form.
6. Teach the following subjects:
a. Describe the history of Karuna Reiki® as described in the manual.
b. Describe how to draw each symbol and have each student memorize them.
c. Describe how to activate the symbols.
d. Describe the uses of each symbol.
e. Give the Center attunement for each level taught.
f. Provide practice time in the use of each symbol.
g. If it is a master class, demonstrate and allow practice time for each attunement.
h. Demonstrate and practice chanting and toning.
i. Provide practice time in the use of each symbol.
7. Minimum class time requirements:
• Karuna Reiki® I practitioner, 5-7 hours
• Karuna Reiki® II practitioner, 5-7 hours
• Karuna Reiki® II Master 5-7 hours
• Karuna Reiki® I & II Master 14-21 hours and a minimum of 2 days
8. Conduct a written test on the symbols.
9. Provide the students with class review forms for every class.
10. Submit a copy of class reviews with registration forms to the Center.
Karuna Reiki® Program
1. Be in agreement with and working to fully express the Usui Ideals, the Center Philosophy and the Center Purpose.
2. To respect and value all Reiki practitioners and masters regardless of lineage or organizational affiliation. To refrain from making negative statements about other Reiki practitioners or masters.
3. To actively be working to create harmony and friendly cooperation between all Reiki practitioners and masters regardless of lineage or organizational affiliation.
4. To encourage all students to use their own inner guidance in deciding who to receive Reiki treatments from or who to study Reiki with including the possibility of studying with more than one teacher.
5. To openly encourage all your clients and students to do the best job possible with the Reiki program they are guided to use.
6. Always work to empower your clients and students to heal themselves and to encourage and assist them in the their personal growth as well as in the development of their Reiki practice.
7. Always treat your students and clients with the greatest respect. Never engage in any illegal or immoral activity with your clients or students. Never touch their pelvic area or breasts, never ask them to disrobe, and never make sexual comments, jokes or references.
8. Abstain from the use of drugs or alcohol during all professional activities.
9. Practice Truth in Advertising. Be willing to openly discuss the subjects covered in your Reiki classes, the fee that is charged, and the amount of time spent in class with any prospective students. Ads should state what the student will be able to do upon completion of the class.
10. Never use another person's copyrighted material in your classes without permission and giving credit.
11. Never misrepresent what you will be offering in your Reiki sessions and classes.
12. Be open to the continuing process of enhancing your professional qualifications, training, experience and skills.
13. Be actively working on your own healing so as to embody and fully express the essence of Reiki in everything you do.
14. Educate the client regarding the value of Reiki and explain that it does not guarantee a cure, and is not a substitute for medical or psychological treatment.
15. Acknowledge that Reiki works in conjunction with other forms of medical or psychological care. If a client has a medical or psychological condition, suggest in addition to giving them Reiki treatments, they see a health care practitioner if they are not already seeing one.
16. Never diagnose medical or psychological conditions or prescribe medications. Never suggest that a client change or end dosages of substances prescribed by other licensed health care providers or suggest the client change prescribed treatment or interfere with the treatment of a licensed health care provider.
A peer review committee will review reported violations of the ethical standards. If after investigation the incident is found to be a valid violation of the standards the committee may recommend revocation of Registered Status.
Download Registration Forms
To register, please contact the Center at firstname.lastname@example.org and request information on the Karuna registration program along with the registration form.